The Whimsical Creations of Lucy Ashworth

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Dreamer of Dreams











I had the best sort of intentions about updating my blog on a monthly basis - but you know what they say about 'best laid plans'...




Saying that, i have been a busy bee over March and April! I had a good old fashioned Spring Clean and completely re-organised my work cupboard. I colour coordinated all my threads and buttons ( so satisfying) and chucked out a load of tat that i am prone to hoarding. I also organised my mum's old wicker picnic basket into a sewing basket, full of all my favourite bits&bobs that i use in the little things i make.
The Spring Clean flung me into an enthusiastic whirl of cushion making. I had recently watched Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' - i think this may have influenced the cushion designs. The trees look a little like lolly pops. I really want to go to a 'mad hatter's tea party'!!! I think my cushions would go down well on rickety old chairs.
I've also been doing quite a bit of drawing again. Little character illustrations. When i finally get around to buying a scanner, i will put them up on the blog. Oooh, ORIGAMI! Ry and i had the idea; after taking down our Christmas decs (always sad); that if we found a nice enough branch, it would be pretty to have little origami birds hanging around it. I have had fun making the birds but as yet we haven't found the perfect branch. I keep trying to get Ry to climb a tree for me...
Lastly, as the sun struggles to come out - so do the market stalls. Even though i know i should be trying to sort out a stall of my own, i do love wondering around, checking out all the bric-a-brac on offer at the Sunday market! Check out these treasures (2 dirty old books & a silver jubilee mug). WOW!

Determined to keep updating on a regular basis. Peace&Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment